Thursday, February 1, 2007

General Update

Working on the final etch an polish for the group of three Katana, then the final oiling of the shira-saya, and they should be gone next week. Going well, but slow, but they should be done shortly, just have to baby my hands though.
Also finishing a re-polish on a previous customer's sword and it will come up complete along the same timeline as the "three".

I've got a bunch of knives on the bench also, in various stages of being finished, and I expect some of those to start showing up on the Available page over the weekend, and into next week.
Some prototype knives will also be heading out to Sunny California next week as well, and it's an exciting development for me which I'll update about here as things get figured out.

Then, two mounted Japanese style pieces to finish for customers, which will mark the end of my work in traditional Japanese-style work for the most part, so I'm planning to go "out with a Bang" on those pieces, and I'm looking forward to getting back onto those in the next week as well.

The final backordered piece is also finding it's way back into the mix, and will coincide with my return to Western swords as the focus of my swordwork, and it'll be a dandy. So February is shaping up to be an important transitional month.

Finally, I turned off the forum this morning, and that definately marks the start of a new part of the journey. I'm saddened somewhat, but also ready to get on with new things and spending more time in the shop. Hopefully with the forge running, cause it finally got COLD here. Fire is good.

So that's the news for the morning, catch up with you all later.

No comments: