Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Some New Pieces Available

Despite some rather trying weather lately, things are coming back around to what passes as normal around here, and some stuff is coming up done. Life is good. Mostly...

Two new knives on the available page (check the links on the right of this page), both in my "woodsman" style, a 4+ inch wootz bladed knife with silver and brass mounts and fancy tiger maple, and a shorter version with a 2.5 inch blade that features a hamon and a simple birdseye maple handle.
Both are in moulded leather wood-lined sheaths, and I'm quite happy with both of them. I enjoy making this style of knife more than any other at this point. I don't think it gets any more "functional" than these.

These will be the start of a pretty steady stream of similar pieces I think. Things have been getting sorted out in the shop and I'm starting to ship some backorders out, some cashflow from the knives will assist in this of course.

I have a couple of more big projects that are coming up done this week, and I have a few days out-of-state this weekend to get some other projects resolved on a friend's powerhammer, which will give my poor old arm a needed break.

Once I'm back on monday, I'll be writing far more regularly again, and sending a whole flock of stuff off to hopefully happy owners.

March is going to be a much happier month I believe. Things are looking up.

Thanks for the patience everybody...

No comments: